Spiral welded pipe, the pipe whose weld is spirally distributed relative to the axis of the pipe body. It is mainly used for conveying pipes, pipe piles and some structural pipes. Spiral welded pipe specification: outer diameter 168-3660mm, wall thickness 3-25.4mm.
The characteristics of spiral welded pipe production are as follows:
(1) the strip of the same width can be used to produce a variety of outer diameter spiral welded pipes;
(2) the spiral welded pipe has good straightness and accurate size, and the internal and external spiral welds increase the rigidity of the pipe body, so there is no need for sizing and straightening procedures after welding;
(3) it is easy to realize mechanization, automation and continuous production;
(4) compared with other equipment of similar scale, it has smaller overall dimension, less land occupation and investment, and faster construction;
(5) compared with the straight welded pipe of the same size, the weld on the unit length of the spiral welded pipe is longer, so the productivity is lower.